Biggest and Littlest

I don't know how much my Tootsie likes being called "Big Toots," but ever since Olivia came along we've had to have a way of distinguishing everyone. So this is the little bitty toots helping the Big Toots with her birthday presents. My Toots didn't like the idea of being called Grandma when my brother and I were born - she felt too young (she always has been kind of prissy :) ). My brother called her "Dim" until I came along. Poor Tootsie - Big Toots and Dim, she might ought to have just stuck with Grandma. But she started calling me her little tootsie when I was little and one day I turned it on her and it stuck. She opened a little hair cutting business in her basement for a few years one time - we tried to get her to hang a sign out that said "Tootsie Cuts One." She didn't really go for it. I still think that would have been funny.
Happy Birthday, again, Toots! (P.S. I won't tell you how old she is, but I guarantee you wouldn't guess it. My mother either, who just turned...well I said I wouldn't tell you.)

1 comment:

Audrey Woita said...

Love reading about Toots' history and seeing Olivia "helping". I haven't been keeping up with blogs and have missed yours!