Favorites

Olivia is into favorties these days - particularly her favorite foods. With a fist full of bacon and a fist full of snack cake the other night (we had breakfast for dinner), she said "Bacon and snack care are my favorite...that and salmon." I've never known a little kid to like food the way she does. I mean not in a "pass the Twinkies" sort of way. She really gets excited about it - you can see it in her eyes...and especially for chocolate. The darker the better for her. This was us making a chocolate cake for a visit with some friends the other night. We served it with lemon curd on the side - she wants the whole experience, lemon curd and all.

Mike makes pancakes about once a week and we usually put blueberries in them. This week he had the genius idea of putting chocolate chips in them! I almost feel like we have seriously deprived her to have waited this long to do that. And I have to say they were the best darn pancakes I have ever had. It might be difficult to satisfy her with blueberries from here on out, but I look forward to doing the chocolate chips for her (and me) again soon.




FYI - Joseph has an ear infection. Got antibiotics today - I think this is only the second time in his life he has had to be on them. I think he cried all night last night - sad.
Also FYI - apparently Olivia's sunday school class turned water into wine yesterday (is it ironic that I just accidentally typed "whine" insted of wine?). Anyway, we were talking with her about the dixie cup she brought home with purple paper in it and a reference to Jesus' miracle on the outside. We asked her what she did in sunday school and she said, "We turned water into wine." I asked (because you had to) "You turned water into wine in sunday school?" Her response: "Sure did."
Don't tell Mamaw Mac.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

don't worry... we only acted like we were turning water into wine. It encouraging to hear that she remembers it though!