Future peanut vaccine?!

Can you tell what I have been doing today during nap time? Reading the newspaper! It's nice.

Over the weekend Olivia had another reaction to peanut butter. We thought we had two chocolate chip granola bars, but it turned out one of them was pb and cc - we realized that after she swallowed the first bite. It was actually a little scary. She started sneezing right away - right in the middle of the nice, quiet, wedding ceremony we were attending. Then coughing and her lips got splotchy. Then the wheezing. For someone who grew up with asthma, the wheezing always makes me nervous. Thankfully, I had some benedryl and she was recovered within about an hour. (We thought it was going to wipe her out for dancing, but as you can see from the videos it did not."

Anyway, that is why this article caught my eye. I wonder if we'll see a future peanut vaccine added to the already rather large regimen???

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123721335102441609.html

1 comment:

sammye said...

Mandy: I guess you should always have benedryl with you. I'm so thankful that you did that time. That's scary. Remeber Carson and his problems and Denise had to wear a beeper? Mom