"Just call me angel...of the morning, angel."

"Just brush my teeth before you leave me, baby."
That song really has nothing to do with this post - it is just what my sister used to think the song actually said - and it's funny.
Sometimes I am in a bad mood in the morning. I don't know why. I really like the morning - it might be my favorit time of day. I like coffee. Breakfast is probably my favorite meal. We are getting a reasonable amount of sleep these days. Everyone usually wants to be close and snuggly. At this stage of life we often get to have breakfast as a family. I honestly can't explain it. I think it is the devil.

But that's really not the point of this post either. The point is that children's bible we are reading. It is The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Loyd-Jones. It is great. Over the past couple of years I have had the opportunity to teach and be a part of multiple bible studies and small groups - even above these things, this little bible is reviving my heart for the story of redemption. I would recommend for daily reading - even if you are an adult.

1 comment:

Sara said...

We just started reading this book together as a family at our dinner time reading. We are only two chapters in, but I look forward to reading the rest. The kids are really enjoying it too.

BTW - we could never make it work in the morning. I hate how rushed and stressful two kids in school has made our mornings. At least I still have three at home to snuggle with after the off-to-school rush, but that will be down to one next year. Oh, if only I could slow down time!